Sunday, November 2, 2008

Noodle Games in Norfolk, VA

Norfolk Public Schools asked me to present to their middle school and high school teachers during their in-service training day.

It was a great day with lots of teacher participation and fun. One of the critical points that I try to make during my presentations is the importance of student engagement and maximizing participation during physical education classes. According to NASPE (National Association of Sport and Physical Education) a quality physical education lesson has four main components; 1) all students are active and engaged in learning, 2) the teacher interacts with students giving instructions and feedback, 3) the teacher is continuously assessing student performance, and 4) there is a strong connection to lifetime health and wellness. Noodle Mania activities are designed to help teachers meet the requirements listed above. It is my hope that the participants at any of the trainings I provide will understand how important these concepts are when teaching and will be able to use some of my activities in a quality lesson at their school.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: